Primer Corte is a section within VENTANA SUR destined to promote fiction Latin American films in post-production. Six Latin American films approaching that stage of development will be selected.
These films will be pitched exclusively for international festival programmers, distributors and sales agents, and will participate for awards consisting of varied post-production and distribution services, among other incentives.
The selected films will have a screening in theaters and at the end of the market, they will be available for a month as Catch up screenings in Cinando. Also, they will be part of the Industry in Progress catalog.
The films registered in Primer Corte will be considered by the curators for the Copia Final section.
Copia Final is a selection of six Latin American fiction feature films which have just been finished, are still unreleased, or have not crossed the borders of their production countries yet; films looking for sales agents, distributors and international festival programmers.
The films will be directly invited by the curators of Primer Corte.
The selected films will have a screening in theaters and at the end of the market they will be available for a month as Catch up screenings in Cinando. They will also be included in the Industry in Progress catalog.
By registering your film, you give your authorization for the film to take part in the selection in any of its variants (Primer Corte, Copia Final).
- Only fiction feature films with majority or minority of Latin American production can be registered. Documentaries will not be accepted.
- The registered films must be in post-production stage.
- Films that have been registered in the previous edition of Primer Corte will not be accepted.
- Films that have an international sales agent cannot be registered.
- The registered films must have burned-in English subtitles.
HOW TO REGISTER YOUR FILM
- Registration is free.
- To participate you must complete the registration form before September 28th, 2020.
- Registration will be completed once you have sent the screener for viewing.
- The maximum deadline to send the screener is October 5th, 2020. After that, registrations that are not completed will be removed.
REQUIREMENTS FOR THE SCREENER AND DELIVERY OF MATERIAL
The file must be delivered with burnt-in English subtitles, without blackout at the beginning or end of the film, and without time count. Vimeo links must be sent with a password in Full HD format with download option available.
If the link is not included in the registration form, it may be delivered until October 5th, 2020:
Subject: Original Title / Film Title
ABOUT FILMS SELECTED FOR PRIMER CORTE AND COPIA FINAL
The selected films must have a representative at the Market, Director and/or Producer, who will be in charge of the pitch and will receive complimentary accreditation for Ventana Sur.
Required formats for theater screenings in PRIMER CORTE and COPIA FINAL:
1) DCP with burned-in English subtitles, non-activable. DCP generated following DCI guidelines, with formatted ext2-ext3 disk.
2) Video file with burned-in English subtitles, via download link.
File type: mov – Resolution: 1920 x 1080 pixels – Codec: h264 – Bitrate: 12 Mbps – Framerate: 24 or 25 fps – Audio: AAC (stereo o 5.1) – Audio sample rate: 48kHz – Audio bit depth: 16 or 24 bits – Max. file size: 10GB – *** Bitrate may be higher as long as the file size is not bigger than 10GB.
Deadline for films: Friday, November 20th, 2020.