Primer Corte is a section destined to promote fiction Latin American films in post-production. Six Latin American films approaching that stage of development will be selected.
These films are pitched exclusively for international festival programmers, distributors and sales agents, and they will participate for awards consisting in varied post-production and distribution services, among other incentives.
The films will also be screened in theaters, and at the end of the market they will be available for a month as Catch up screenings at Cinando and will be included in the Industry in Progress catalog.
The films registered in Primer Corte will be considered by the curators for the Copia Final section.
This is a selection of six Latin American fiction feature films which have just been finished, are still unreleased, or have not crossed the borders of their production countries yet; films looking for sales agents, distributors and international festival programmers.
The films will be invited directly by the curators of Primer Corte and will be screened in theaters. At the end of the market, they will be available for a month as Catch up screenings at Cinando and will be included in the Industry in Progress catalog.
- Only fiction feature films with majority or minority of Latin American production can be registered. Documentaries will not be accepted.
- The registered films must be in post-production stage.
- Films that have been registered in previous editions of Primer Corte will not be accepted.
- Films that have an international sales agent cannot be registered.
- The registered films must have burned-in English subtitles.
HOW TO REGISTER YOUR FILM
- Registration is free.
- To participate you must complete the registration form below by September 17, 2021.
Registration will be complete once the screener is submitted for viewing.
- The deadline for submitting the screener is September 22, 2021. After that date, registrations that are not complete will be cancelled.
REQUIREMENTS FOR THE SCREENER AND DELIVERY OF MATERIAL:
You must send a file with burnt-in English subtitles, without blackout in the beginning or end of the film, and without time count. Vimeo links must be sent with password in Full HD format with download option available.
If the link is not included in the registration form, it may be delivered until September 22, 2021 to: email@example.com
Subject: Original Title / Film Title (Eng)
ABOUT THE SELECTED FILMS
Selected films must have a representative (Director, Producer) at the Market who will be given a complimentary accreditation to attend Ventana Sur.
Required formats for theater screenings in PRIMER CORTE and COPIA FINAL:
- DCP with burned-in English subtitles, non activable. DCP generated according to regulations. DCI with formatted ext2-ext3 disk. Video file with burned-in English subtitles, via download link.
- File type: mov – Resolution: 1920 x 1080 pixels – Codec: h264 – Bitrate: 12 Mbps – Framerate: 24 o 25 fps – Audio: AAC (stereo or 5.1) – Audio sample rate: 48kHz – Audio bit depth: 16 or 24 bits – Maximum file size: 10GB – *** Bitrate can be higher as long as the file size does not exceed 10GB.
Deadline for submission: Friday, November 12, 2021.