Animation! and the children’s channel Pakapaka join forces to promote Latin American talent and find new projects with a cultural and educational quality that will be part of the channel’s future content.
Pakapaka is the first public children’s channel in Argentina. A space that conceives boys and girls as citizens, subjects of rights, builders and thinkers of their reality, allowing them to express themselves while respecting their differences and particularities.
This call is for Latin American projects of animated series and micro-programs for children, which are in the development stage.
Pakapaka Channel representatives will curate a selection of up to 10 projects, which will have the opportunity to pitch in front of Pakapaka executives and receive feedback from the channel’s professionals during Ventana Sur 2021.
CONDITIONS FOR THE PRESENTATION OF PROJECTS
- Latin American animation projects in both series and micro-program formats are eligible.
- The length of the episodes of the series projects should be 5, 7, 10 or up to 15 minutes.
- The length of the episodes of the micro-program projects should be between 1 and 4 minutes.
- They must be aimed at children in one of the following age groups: up to 6 years old or 7 to 10 years old.
- There are no restrictions on genre and/or subject matter.
- They must be in the development stage.
- A minimum amount of secured financing is not required.
- They must be original projects.
- Only projects that have not been previously submitted to Pakapaka may participate.
- They can be presented by their authors, directors and/or producers.
- Only projects that have submitted complete documentation (application form and required documentation) by the deadline will be considered.
- There is no limit to the number of projects to be registered by the same representative.
- The deadline to register projects is October 31, 2021.
- Representatives of the Pakapaka Channel will choose up to 10 finalist projects.
- The selected projects will be announced in mid-November.
- The finalist projects will make their pitch (in person or virtually) in front of representatives of the Pakapaka Channel.
- Each project will receive a free accreditation to participate in Ventana Sur 2021 that can be used by its representative.
- Accommodation and transportation expenses, if any, are the responsibility of the project representatives.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Project registration is free of charge.
- All finalist projects and information about their authors, as well as the images submitted, may appear on the website, the program of activities and on the social networks of Animation!, Ventana Sur and/or Canal Pakapaka.
- Registration for the presentation of a project implies acceptance of these rules and the commitment to guarantee the presence of a representative at Animation! Ventana Sur (in person or virtually) in case the project is a finalist.
- The decision of the selection committee is not subject to appeal.
- Pakapaka Channel executives are committed to give feedback to the finalist projects. However, there will be no other type of obligation on the part of Pakapaka Channel towards the selected projects (e.g. financing, development or co-production commitment). Both Animation! Ventana Sur and Pakapaka Channel are excluded from any controversy in this regard.
- In the event that no project meets the requirements described above, the call for proposals may be declared void.
- Any circumstance not provided for in these Terms and Conditions shall be resolved by the authorities of the event.
A – Complete the online form
B – Send a single PDF in Spanish with the following information:
- Title (original title) and country (include countries involved in the coproduction, if any)
- Production company information (e-mail, telephone, website).
- Technical information (length and number of episodes, animation technique and genre).
- Logline (summary of the project in one sentence).
- Synopsis (plot summary) maximum 300 characters.
- Plot lines of 3 chapters (one short paragraph per chapter summarizing the content).
- Target: up to 6 years of age or 7 to 10 years of age.
- Educational implication of the project (describe the educational proposal of the project and explain why you think it would be relevant/appropriate for children).
- Graphic elements available: backgrounds/sets, characters, model sheets and other project materials that you consider important to include (first images, link to an online trailer/teaser, etc).
- Name and biography of: authors, directors, screenwriters and producers (maximum 300 characters each).
- A project progress sheet describing the stage of development of the project and the schedule to be followed.
- An estimated budget in U.S. dollars (USD) – an itemized budget is not required – and funding requirements. Include the secured percentage of the budget (e.g. 20%) and/or information on funding and subsidies obtained. It is also necessary to detail previous participation of the project in markets, workshops or laboratories.
- An explanation of the copyright of the project and if the material is based on an existing work, submit permission to use it.
IMPORTANT: The PDF file must be sent via a download link to the following e-mail address: email@example.com
Please verify that the file has the project title in its name. Remember that your registration will not be complete until you submit all required documents.