DAC Género and ACCIÓN Mujeres del Cine in joint collaboration with Ventana Sur, open the call for the second edition of Punto Género, a space for Latin American fiction and non-fiction feature film projects in development, directed by women and non-binary. They should be looking for co-producers, sales agents and/or distributors.
Terms and Conditions
Regarding the Call for Applications and Selection
I. The call will be open from August 30 until September 17. The list of selected projects will be announced by the end of September 2021.
II. Projects may be submitted by legal entities or individuals from Latin America.
III. They must be in the development phase. Projects that are in shooting or post-production will not be accepted.
IV. It is important that the stories emphasize a gender perspective regardless of the subject matter.
V. Only projects directed by women and non-binary projects are eligible to apply.
VI. Registration is free of charge. In addition, it requires to send 1 (one) recorded video pitch of 1 minute as maximum.
VII. A total of 12 (twelve) projects will be selected: 7 (seven) from Latin America and 5 (five) from Argentina.
VIII. The selection committee will prioritize projects that are also produced and scripted by women or non-binary.
IX. The decision of the selection committee is final. The organization reserves the right to make the evaluations public.
X. Once the Committee makes the selection, the project representatives will be informed confidentially and their attendance will be confirmed. Subsequently, the selection will be made public through the website https://ventana-sur.com/ and social networks associated with the Market.
XI. Projects that involve or imply a benefit for any member of the evaluation committee of this call are not eligible to participate.
XII. The applicant is responsible for the use of third party works, use of images, use of graphic or sound files, use of music, use of any other intellectual or industrial property rights or related rights, graphics, modifications or adaptations and any other works or rights used in the project, material and information submitted. The organization does not take responsibility and claims in this regard.
XIII. The organization shall have the right to use the materials/information of the selected projects for their dissemination and promotion in the national and international territory through the channels or media it deems necessary.
XIV. Any event or situation not foreseen in these Terms and Conditions will be resolved by the organization.
XV. The mere application to the call for applications implies the total and unconditional acceptance of its Bases and Conditions and therefore the obligation to comply with them.
Regarding the Selected Projects:
I. If the project is selected, the applicant must comply with the following guidelines:
- Do not withdraw the project from PUNTO G / Ventana Sur.
- Accept that the project data and the contact information of its representatives be published in the Ventana Sur catalog and wherever the organization considers it appropriate.
- Commits to be present at the event if deemed necessary by the organization.
- Commits to deliver the following within the term requested:
- Pitching recorded and exported in compliance with the technical considerations requested by the organization. Regarding the pitch time, the maximum allowed is 7 (seven) minutes including within that time the teaser, mood, or the references you consider. With English subtitles burned into the image, not activable.
- Photo of the Director and Producer (Vertical format, 300 dpi in JPG).
- Representative Image of the Project (Horizontal Format, 300 dpi in JPG). They must have the rights of use.
- Information required for the catalog, and other things you may be asked to provide.
- Fill out the Sales Information Form: short synopsis, production data, total estimated budget amount in dollars, confirmed contributions, awards, among others.
II. Commits to incorporate the Punto G and Ventana Sur logo in the opening and closing credits of the film, with the following text: “Punto G Official Selection – Ventana Sur – 2021”, as well as incorporating it in all publicity, press material and the film’s website.
The prizes to be awarded will be:
GENERO-DAC AWARD (Argentine Film Directors)
Distribution and exhibition consulting workshop for the winning project at the CEP/DAC 2022 “EGA-Espacio de Gestión Audiovisual” Seminar.
APIMA Gender AWARD (Association of Independent Audiovisual Media Producers)
Production mentoring: 2(two) meetings with a producer belonging to the Commission.
Information and contact
Any doubts regarding the call or the event can be clarified by sending an e-mail to: email@example.com, with subject: Inquiry + Development Punto G