It is section within VENTANA SUR destined to promote fiction Latin American films in post-production. 6 (six) Latin American films in that stage of development will be selected.
These films will compete for awards, consisting of several post-production and distribution services, among other incentives.
Each of the selected films will have a screening and will be part of the Video Library and the Primer Corte catalogue.
Those films that are not selected for Primer Corte, may be considered for the section:
FIP (Films in Progress)
It is a selection of high-quality Latin American films in post-production stage, that will integrate a specific catalogue and will be featured in our Video Library, in a special section offering exclusive access to international festival programmers, distributors and sales agents.
I authorize the film to participate in the selection, in any of its variants (Primer Corte or FIP), and to be integrated by VENTANA SUR in the Video library of the market’s 2018 edition.
WHICH FILMS CAN PARTICIPATE?
- Only fiction feature films with majority or minority of Latin American production can register.
- The registered films must be in post-production stage.
- Films that have been registered to participate in the previous edition of Primer Corte or that have taken part in other festivals and/or markets will not be admitted.
- Those films that have an international sales agent cannot register in this section.
- The registered films must have embedded English subtitles.
HOW TO REGISTER YOUR FILM
- The registration is free.
- To participate you must complete the registration form before October 5th.
- The registration will be complete once you send the screener for viewing.
- The deadline to send the screener is October 8th, after that date registrations that are not completed will be cancelled.
REQUIREMENTS FOR THE SCREENER AND DELIVERY OF MATERIAL
You must send a file with burned-in English subtitles, no watermark, no black seconds at the start or end and no timecode. The Vimeo links must be sent in full HD format, with a password and enabled for download.
Subject: Film Title
*Deadline to send the screener: October 8th.
ABOUT THE FILMS SELECTED FOR PRIMER CORTE
They must have, if possible, at least one representative present during market days, otherwise please communicate
There are two options for the screening format:
1) DCP with burned-in English subtitles. DCP generated following DCI guidelines, on an hard drive formatted in ext2-ext 3.
Deadline: Monday, Nov. 26th. If it is shipped from another country, the shipping deadline is Monday. Nov. 19th. Shipping (inbound and outbound) is at applicant’s expense.
2) Video file with burned-in English subtitles sent via download link:
File type: mov
Resolution: 1920 x 1080 pixels
Framerate:24 or 25 fps
Audio:AAC (stereo o 5.1)
Audio sample rate:48kHz
Audio bit depth:16 or 24 bits
Max. File size:10GB
*Bitrate can be higher as long as the file is not bigger than 10GB.
Deadline: Monday, Nov. 26th.