We opened the call for microseries together with Flixxo, an innovative streaming platform for short-form content.
You can submit projects for series with episodes up to 15 minutes long that are in the development stage.
We will select between five and eight projects from which one will get a prize in Bitcoin equivalent to 1,000 US dollars.
If you have a microseries project, this is your opportunity to promote it!
TERMS AND CONDITIONS MICROSERIES 2021
OPEN CALL October 6th, 2021 – EXTENDED DEADLINE October 26th, 2021
Ventana Sur together with Flixxo launch the first Microseries project development pitch call, a call open to all Iberoamerica for short-format series in development.Thanks to the participation in Ventana Sur of Flixxo, the disruptive Microseries platform in which creators monetize immediately and transparently in cryptocurrencies, between five and eight projects will be selected to be presented at the Ventana Sur 2021 Market, from November 29 to December 3, having exposure in front of the main players in the industry.
A jury will select a winning project that will be announced during the Microseries event and will be awarded a prize in Bitcoin equivalent to US$1,000 to boost its production.
CONDITIONS FOR THE PRESENTATION OF PROJECTS IN DEVELOPMENT
– Fiction, documentary and animation microseries with a minimum of 3 episodes and a maximum duration of 15 minutes per episode are eligible.
– They must be in the development stage.
– They may be presented by Ibero-American authors and/or producers.
– Only one project per author and a maximum of two projects per producer may be submitted.
– The attached dossier must be written in Spanish and English.
– Only projects that have submitted complete documentation (application form, video pitch, required documentation) by the deadline will be considered.
– The project must not have been previously acquired by a television channel or platform.
– The deadline for submitting material is October 26th, 2021 at 11:59 p.m. Argentina time. The selected projects will be announced at the end of October.
SELECTION AND SUPPORT
– A specialized jury will select between 5 and 8 projects.
– The finalist projects will be part of the Microseries Pitching Sessions, which will take place between November 29th and December 3rd at the Ventana Sur Market. Authors will have the opportunity to share the pitch of their projects and promote them to international industry professionals accredited at the event.
– Each project will receive a free accreditation to participate in Ventana Sur 2021 that may be used by its representative.
– In the case of an on-site event, accommodation and transportation costs are to be covered by the project leader.
– In case of being among the selected projects, the organization may ask the projects for additional actions on their presentation (subtitling of the video pitch, deepening in some section of the portfolio, etc).
First prize: Flixxo will award a prize in Bitcoin equivalent to $1,000 (one thousand) US dollars as consideration for the development of a Bible (see details in the general conditions) and the scripts of the first three episodes or 15 minutes of content. Flixxo reserves the right as first option to produce the developed content. It should be noted that such grant equivalent to $1,000 in BTC will be transferred exclusively to the wallet of the person responsible for the winning project.
The award will be presented as follows:
30% (USD 300) during the 30 days following the selection of the winning project.
70% (USD 700) against delivery of the final portfolio, which must be delivered within 90 days after the first payment is made.
Flixxo will pay the Bitcoin transfer fees and it is the winner’s responsibility to download and set up a wallet to receive them.
– Project registration is free of charge.
– All selected projects and information about their authors will appear on Ventana Sur’s website and social networks.
– The information and images submitted may be used in promotional materials for Microseries Pitching Sessions and/or Ventana Sur.
– Any circumstance not foreseen in these Terms and Conditions will be resolved by the authorities of the event.
– The following texts should be included in the Bible to be developed by the winner: Logline, Storyline, General Synopsis, Synopsis by chapter, Description of Characters, Concept and Tone of the series, Dramatic Arc of the season, Description of second or third season (if any), Transmedia Proposal (if any), Aesthetic Proposal with visual references.
DOCUMENTATION FOR REGISTRATION
A – Online registration. (Go to form)
B- A single DOSSIER file in PDF with the following information (attach in the form):
- Title and country of production (include countries involved in co-production, if any)
- Information about the production company, presenting producer or author (e-mail, telephone, website).
- Technical information (length of each chapter, number of chapters, genre and target audience).
- Logline (summary of the project in one sentence).
- General synopsis of the project (maximum 3000 characters).
- Plot lines of 3 chapters (maximum 500 characters per chapter).
- Aesthetic Proposal (maximum one page).
- Name and biography of: directors, screenwriters and producers (maximum 500 characters each).
- In case of being based on a pre-existing work, attach a note indicating the exploitation rights of the work.
VIDEO PITCH Requirements
- Maximum duration: 1 minute and 30 seconds.
- Language: Spanish or English.
- The videopitches must be subtitled in English in the case of Spanish audios, and viceversa.
- Video file: .mp4 or .mov
- Video codec: H264
- Video resolution: FullHD: 1920px X 1080px
- Frame rate: 24 img/sec or 25 img/sec or 30 img/sec
- Video output: Constant Bite Rate (CBR), minimum 10 Mbps, maximum 16 Mbps
- Audio channels: Stereo Audio codec: AAC Audio output: mini 256Kbps, maxi 512Kbps
– It is worth clarifying that the video pitch that does not comply with any of the instructions or that is delivered after the deadline will not be considered.
– The video pitches of the selected projects will be uploaded to the Ventana Sur platform and will be available to accredited participants during the market days.
Please verify that the file has the project title in its name. Remember that your registration will not be complete until you submit all required documents.