This Call is for Latin American projects for animated feature films and TV series in development or in pre production stage.
A selection of up to 7 projects per category curated by representatives of the Annecy International Animation Film Market (Mifa) will be pitched during Ventana Sur Market 2018 to an audience of professionals including a jury made up of Mifa members and animation experts.
The jury will choose four winning projects (two for TV series and two for feature film) that will be part of a special Animation! programme in Annecy 2019.
– This Call for Projects is for animated feature films and TV series in development or in pre production stage.
– Only Latin American Projects, including co-productions involving a Latin American majority partner, can be registered.
– The Projects may be presented by the author and/or producer.
– Only one project per author and/or producer can be submitted per category.
– Only projects whose paperwork is complete (entry form and materials submitted) and have been sent before the deadline will be considered, whatever the competing category.
– In the case of TV series, the project must not have been pre-purchased by a TV channel.
– The deadline to submit the materials is September 21st.
SELECTION AND SUPPORT
– Representatives of the Annecy International Animation Film Market (Mifa) will select up to 7 projects for feature film and up to 7 projects for TV series.
– The selected projects will be announced at the end of October.
– The finalists will be part of the Animation! Pitching Sessions that will take place between December 10th and 14th at the Ventana Sur Market. During the sessions, the selected authors will be given the opportunity to pitch and promote their projects to a targeted audience of professionals.
– The representatives of the selected projects will have Access to Training and Practise Workshops during December 10th and 11th given by international experts.
– Selected projects must have a representative at the Market, Director and/or Producer who will carry out the pitching. In case of not having representation during the days of the event, the project will be withdrew from the list of finalists and replaced. Free accreditation will be granted to the delegates of the selected projects.
– Both pitching and experts training sessions will be held in English.
– Travel and accommodation expenses remain the responsibility of the selected authors.
– A jury made up of Mifa members and animation experts will be present during Animation! Pitching Sessions in Buenos Aires and will choose four winning projects (two for TV series and two for feature film) that will be part of a special Animation! programme in Annecy 2019, France. The International Animation Film Festival of Annecy will offer, as an award, an accreditation per project, which will give full access to any market events (Mifa pass). For projects with more than one representative, additional accreditations should be afforded by the production company.
– Registration is free
– All selected projects and information about the authors will be listed on the Market website and social networks.
– The information and images submitted might be used in promotional materials of Animation! Pitching Sessions.
A – Online registration
B- A single PDF file including the following information in English:
- Title (Original title & English Title) & Country (include coproduction countries if any)
- Production Company information (email, telephone, website)
- Technical information (length, number of episodes in the case of TV series, animation technique, genre and target audience)
- Synopsis (summary of the story) max 300 characters.
- For TV Series only: Storylines of 3 episodes.
- Concept: idea, graphic and musical treatment etc (max. half page)
- Director’s statement (max half page)
- Available graphic elements: backgrounds/sets, characters, model sheets, and any other materials that the project holder(s) think(s) worth including (first images, link to an online trailer/teaser etc.)
- Name and Bio of the author(s), director, scriptwriter and producer (max 300 characters each).
- A project progress sheet, with information about the development stage and details about the future schedule
- An estimation of the budget in USD and funding requirements. Please include the acquired % of the budget (ex. 20%) and/or information about funding and any grants collected. Also list previous participation of your project in Markets, Workshops or Labs.
- A note explaining the copyright situation of the project (sent to a writer’s association, transfer of rights if subject is taken from a work that already exists)
IMPORTANT: The PDF file must be sent by a transfer link to the following email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please make sure all the files are named with the English title of the project. Remember that your entry will not be completed until you have sent all the submission documents.